-
February 15th, 2002, 08:53 AM
#1
HB Forum Owner
<font color=#333399>oh, elise,
it doesn't matter what you say
i just can't stay here every yesterday
like keep on acting out the same</font>
<font color=#3366FF>(the way we act out)</font>
<font color=#333399>every way to smile</font>
<font color=#3366FF>(and forget)</font>
<font color=#333399>and make-believe we never needed
any more than this...
oh, elise, it doesn't matter what you do
i know i'll never really get inside of you
to make your eyes catch fire</font>
<font color=#3366FF>(the way they should)</font>
<font color=#333399>the way the blue could pull me in
if they only would...</font>
<font color=#3366FF>(if they only would...)</font>
<font color=#333399>at least i'd lose this sense of sensing something else
that hides away from me and you</font>
<font color=#3366FF>(they're worlds to part)</font>
<font color=#333399>with aching looks and breaking hearts
and all the prayers your hands can make
oh i just take as much as you can throw
and then throw it all away
like throwing faces at the sky--
like throwing arms round--
yesterday i stood and stared
wide-eyed in front of you
and the face i saw looked back</font>
<font color=#3366FF>(the way i wanted to)</font>
<font color=#333399>but i just can't hold my tears away
the way you do...
elise, believe i never wanted this
i thought this time i'd keep all of my promises
i thought you were the girl i always dreamed about
but i let the dream go
and the promises broke
and the make-believe ran out...
so, elise,
it doesn't matter what you say
i just can't stay here every yesterday
like keep on acting out the same...
the way we act out...
every way to smile...
forget...
and make-believe we never needed
any more than this</font>
<font color=#3366FF>(and every time i try to pick it up
like falling sand...
as fast as i pick it up
it runs away through my clutching hands
but there's nothing else i can really do
there's nothing else i can really do
there's nothing else
i can really do
at all...)</font>
------------------
~~share some greased tea with me~~
General Philosophy
Discuss This...
The Acropolis
-
February 15th, 2002, 08:58 AM
#2
HB Forum Owner
soemtimes...though often considered common-place...certain lines in a song mean more than others--and for good reason.
i refuse to believe this practice is common-place.
------------------
~~share some greased tea with me~~
General Philosophy
Discuss This...
The Acropolis
-
February 16th, 2002, 05:42 AM
#3
Inactive Member
nice poem. i knew an elise once. she was nice.
------------------
-
February 16th, 2002, 06:08 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
I can play Fur Elise on piano!
I've never known an Elise though, maybe someday she'll come home.
------------------
As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...
If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
Word And Voice
Motocross Fanatics
General Philosophy
-
February 17th, 2002, 04:56 PM
#5
Inactive Member
the elise i knew was furry. what a coincidence.
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks